Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Friday, July 2, 2010

It's been awhile!

It's been a little while since I've posted...It's been crazy! I'm covering for a co-worker while she's on maternity leave, doing a portion of her job while still keeping up with my own work. I have to cover for another co-worker while she takes three days off...plus I'm having more stuff added to my regular duties...I'm tired just thinking about it! :)
My son just had his tonsils out earlier this week. I did manage to get a day off to be with him. He is doing amazing. His tonsils were so bad that even with surgery, he seems to be doing better then before having it. His voice sounds funny and he can't play or eat what he wants, but he is eating and getting plenty of fluids so all is well!
I've received my final round of edits. It's good news. She liked what I did so much in the first round that she said she didn't have any notes for me. I just have to look for typos, paragraph indentions and double spacing between words. but for the most part, it's all good.
I've read over it once since getting it back and found some paragraphs that needed indentions, but didn't find any typos or double spaces. I do have a friend looking it over since she hasn't read it yet. A fresh pair of eyes and all...never can hurt.
I have also been contacted by the design department for my cover art. I should be getting a call first of the week to discuss what I want and let her get a feel for the book. I'm excited for that...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment