Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cover Design

I've been in contact with my cover design artist. Her name is Lauran and she is great, at least so far! lol She was very open to my idea of what I had in mind for my book cover. She said I would get 3 to 5 cover options at the end of the month. I'll have 2 to 5 days to decide on which one I want to go with. So by the end of the month, I should have a cover for my book. Very exciting.
Old Acquaintances is a mystery/romance, but the romance is more of the secondary story. So which would draw you to pick up the book? A mysterious, intriguing cover or a more romantic cover? I tend to lean toward mysteries, so that is what would draw 'me' to the book...but this isn't about me, it's about the readers. The inside, was all me...but the outside has to pull you in to want to see what the inside is all about.
Some people go for more plain, straight to the point covers that don't appeal to me at all. Then there are those that seem to portray a serious subject, then there's mystery, sci fi, romance, etc. etc. etc...
I've always been attracted to the mysterious...how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment