Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What a great day!

It was a beautiful, sunny, warm Saturday that I got to spend with my family doing what I love...shopping for plants, working in the yard, bbq-ing, reading and taking it easy! What an awesome day!
I've been itching to start on a new book but I've been putting it off thinking I needed to wait until my current book, 'Old Acquaintance' was completed...or at least through editing. But I don't think I can wait anymore. I've had several idea that I've jotted down and some of them I started writing on, but I've firmly set them all aside thinking it best to wait. I think I'm going to have to revisit them and see which one is calling to me the most. Or maybe it'll be a completely new idea.
Rissa and Stone's story has been written, it's just waiting for everyone to be able to read it. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and watching them develop in the pages of 'Old Acquaintances' and sometimes I'm sad that the story is complete. I miss them!
There might be a new story that mentions them again, but I have so many other people I've started to get to know in the ideas I've jotted down that I am looking forward to watching them grow and 'become'. I don't know what the characters are going to be like as I start writing. I only have a sense of their moral makeup...I have to have that to start. I have to know where they are coming from to be able to help them develop, but it's the dynamics, quirks, personalities and dialogue that is fun to discover as a character develops...I'm looking forward to meeting my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment