Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Friday, October 1, 2010

First Batch of Books

I received my first batch of books Monday...way too exciting. I had just gone to lunch when my husband sent me a message that the books were in. I dashed home to take a look...so excited that it was all I could do to keep my butt in the seat while driving home. (And yes, I watched my speed...)
I arrived home and picked up my first book, hands shaking and stomach full of butterflies. Oh to actually have them in my hands! The last seven months of the publishing process culminating in this one moment, my words in a book for the whole world to see! All the waiting, the hurrying to meet deadlines, the waiting, etc...was now in the book I was holding in my hands...Amazing! God is good!!
Since I had to go back to work, I decided to go ahead and sign and deliver the ones that had been pre-ordered by co-workers. I was surprised by how shaky my hand was when I started to sign the books. Which signing books seemed really weird anyway! The first couple were a little shaky, but I don't think anyone will really notice.
I got back to work and delivered my books and showed it off to some friends. I was pretty useless for a bit when I got back to work! lol
I ended up selling an additional 7 books to co-workers that day which only jacked up the excitement level! Of course, it also jacked up the nerves! Knowing people I know personally would be reading my book...what if they don't like it? What if they think it's lame or boring? What if they think I'm a really bad writer and who would want to publish me? Can you tell I tend to prepare for the worst? I don't know what will happen when I get my first bad review. And yes, I said when, not if. I know it will happen.
Luckily, I have had only positive comments so far. Tuesday, one of my co-workers let me know that she sat down the night before and couldn't put it down! She loved it. She said it was fast paced and couldn't wait to get to the end, but once she was done, she was sad it was over. What a great compliment!
So, now I just keep trying to get the word out about Old Acquaintances and hope people tell other people about it and how much they loved it. I keep plugging away and look forward to my very first event on Oct. 9th. I am so lucky to have found out about an Author's Fair at the main library in Springfield Mo- the Library Center- and I was able to get a table! There is supposed to be 30 to 50 authors there. I can't wait.
If you've read Old Acquaintances, spread the word...If you haven't, you can get it through me or Tate Publishing! Whatever your reading pleasure is...Good reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! Congrats on surviving this adventure and I wish you the best of luck for a successful endeavor!

    ReplyDelete