Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Round Edits

Hello everyone! My first round of edits has arrived, three days earlier than anticipated. I think I have Memorial Day falling on the day I was supposed to receive them to thank for the early delivery. I checked my e-mail on Friday, not expecting anything, but always hoping...lo and behold, they were there!
So, at 9:30 at night on a Friday, I started on my edits. I worked 4 hours on them, then started again at 8:30 the next morning and work for 6 hours. The thing is, there weren't as many edit suggestions as I had feared...
I took some time off on Saturday afternoon and Sunday to be with my family. I hit the edits again Sunday night for 3 hours than Monday for 4 more hours...So to date, I've worked a total of 17 hours on editing.
Now to deliver the work to a very good friend who is the best proof reader I've ever known! She is going to read over it, look for mistakes, typos, etc...that may have been missed or have been added when I went in working on edits. I will have time to 'fix' any mistakes I may have made once she checks the manuscript.
I intend to use the full two weeks allotted me to work on editing, but I figure now is a good time for my friend to look it over, it'll give me time away from it so when I come back, it'll be with 'fresher' eyes.
I think the suggestion made were 'spot on' and I look forward to my editor going back over it and seeing if I met her expectations...so far, Tate Publishing has met mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment