Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Author Bio Picture Contest

After debating whether to put a picture on the back of the book or not, I've decided to do it. That is assuming I can find one that I like. That's the tough part...you are your own worst critic.
So, my sister-in-law and I will be going to different sites around town this Saturday and taking, hopefully, some great shots. We are going to try some outdoorsy looking pictures in a beautiful park. Then we want to try going to downtown and check out some locations around old, worn out buildings.
With 'Old Acquaintances' being a mystery/romance, I thought it would be neat to play up the 'mystery' side in the picture. So some old brick buildings, boarded up doorways, etc...would be dark and edgy, right?! Well, it's an idea.
Once we are done with that, I will take the pictures home, go through them to pick out the best, then I'll post them on the 'Old Acquaintances' fan page on facebook and let the fans decide! If you are a fan already, check the fb page next week to vote. If you aren't or know someone that would be interested in mystery/romance, send them to the page. Everyone that votes on their favorite picture will be entered into a drawing for a free, signed copy of 'Old Acquaintances'. The winner will be one of the first to receive a copy of 'Old Acquaintances'. It will be sent to the winner as soon as I get my first shipment...Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment