Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

To start pre-sales or not to start pre-sells...

I have been debating with when I should start the pre-sells of 'Old Acquaintances'. I have gotten some really good advice from two people that I've come to respect, they both say it is never too early. BUT...they have both written and sold books that have been released already and didn't start pre-selling until subsequent books...They have an idea of what to expect in this area whereas I don't have a clue!
So, I know I want to do pre-sells but am perplexed on when to start them. I am currently thinking that when I start vacation the first week of June, that will give me the needed time to get things set up for pay pal and other necessities to start pre-sells. My estimate is that 'Old Acquaintances' will be available for purchase directly from me starting in October (hopeful thinking) or November (more realistic).
So would readers be willing to purchase a book 5 to 6 months before they will receive their book? I'm going to hope so and move forward with pre-sells as soon as I can get it set up with pay pal. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I started pre-sales two weeks before the day that I could have books in my hand (I didn't have a retail price on the book until then). But, I hadn't really asked others how they'd done it. I'll be curious to see how it goes for you starting it that far in advance. I'm sure it will well for you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete