Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fabulous Find!!!

I have people ask me quite often,"Can I get your book at Barnes and Noble?" My answer has always been the same, "They can order it for you, but until it is requested numerous times, they don't usually carry unknown or unproven authors on their shelves."
So, one day I was in the area and decide it might be a good idea to go into B&N and make sure I was telling people accurate information. I went up to the service desk and explained to the lady behind the counter that I had written a book. Before I was even done explaining myself, she got this look of..."Really?" That almost 'whatever' face or 'here it comes again' face. But I continued...I told her I had been informing people that they could get my book ordered if they came in and asked. I explained that I didn't want to misinform people. She, kind of snobbishly, agreed that it was a good thing to check on.
She punched in the title of my book and kind of paused. I figured maybe she had a few different books to look through so I gave her my first name since it is so unusual, thinking that would help. She didn't punch anything in though so I was concerned that I had been telling people wrong.
She said, "Well, we actually have six of them in stock." I think you could have knocked me over with a feather! Not only did her attitude improve, but she introduced me to the store manager, then went to get my books off the shelf to see if I would sign them. I couldn't quit smiling..."Absolutely" I said!
My day, week, month...had just been made! Barnes and Noble in Springfield, Mo., has my book IN STOCK!!!! Wow!
The woman turned out to be very nice. So I'm not sure if I had misread her reaction to me or if she gets a lot of kooks in there asking weird questions! lol
It was a stop well worth the time!

2 comments:

  1. Ursula...wonderful! I am so glad you this happened to you! What encouragement. I'm still soooo looking forward to reading book two. How is it coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a work in progress! I'm very excited about the book I'm working on now. It doesn't have Stone and Rissa in it, but they will make an appearance in a future book. I think Stone will be a reoccuring character!

    ReplyDelete