Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Giving a shout out to Hollister Junior High

I had a speaking engagement at the Hollister Middle School today with the 7th grade English Lit classes, 6 different classes total. The kids were great! I saw a couple with glassy eyes or bored looks, but for the most part, they were attentive and responsive.
They asked lots of great questions and several of them mentioned some of their favorite authors and series. It was great to see them all so into reading! As someone that has always been an avid reader and a big fan of encouraging others to read, it was refreshing!
I want to thank the teachers that invited me, Melanie and Rhonda. They were both great and very encouraging. I was extremely nervous but once I got there, and said several prayers on the way there and while I was there, my nerves settled and once I finished the first class, the nerves were under control! Thank you God! I couldn't have done near as well without you by my side!
So, Hollister Junior High 7th graders...You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment