Welcome!

Welcome to 'Old Acquaintances' blog...The debut book by author Ursula Gorman. 'Old Acquaintances' is a mystery/romance.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Checking out a book festival

Since I am new to the 'marketing a book' business, I decided to go check out a book festival today. So I loaded up the car with some wonderful friends and decided to take a road trip to Grove, Ok...supposed to be about 2 hours away from home...Well, it was a little more because we decided we needed to take the scenic route! ;^} What were we thinking? It added about an hour to our trip and an hour and 1/2 to the return trip...(missed a turn but found out before too long!)
But the trip was well worth it! I got to meet several fellow Tate authors and stocked up on some reading material. (Man I love books!) I found that this particular book festival is something I would like to do next year if they have it again. Everyone was so friendly and eager to talk to you...I know, I know, they were trying to sell their books...BUT, most of them were very genuine and friendly. It is absolutely a place I would love to be next year.
So, with great friends, getting slightly of route, what did I learn? Getting there is half the fun and it was well worth the trip. To be able to make great connections with other authors and add another venue to my growing 'wish list' of events I want to participate in once my book is ready!
Production on my book starts in less than a week, now I just wait to receive first round of edits! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ursula! I think the new blog looks great! Good job, and keep plugging away! You're off to a fine start! I'd love for you to visit my website, and be sure to give me your thoughts! Cheerio fellow Tate author! :)
    Amanda
    www.thepriceoftrust.com

    ReplyDelete